New Year Resolution ...Well, it is almost end of January. I guess it is not too late to bring up the topic on New Year Resolution. Year 2010 has been a very good year for me. Lots of things been achieved in my career and family life.
There are also some hick ups here and there through out last year but it doesn't give a high weight to me to say that year 2010 is not a good year. Let's recap what did I achieve last year and what's my resolution for year 2011.
Highlights on things that happened last year:
- Delivered 6 projects in Istanbul.
- Helping the company to get selected as finalist for IT Supplier of the Year award by the BCS (British Computing Society) & Computing UK IT Industry award 2010 in Organizational Excellence Category.
- Helping the company to get selected as finalist in CCR Credit Excellence Award.
- Appeared in the IT Roundtable Talk organized by ZDNET and CBS Interactive.
- Able to accomplished 2 family vacations which makes the family happy.
- Helping my wife to set up her on-line business.
- Enrolled to graduate school.
- My two cute little daughter got an excellence award at their school.
- The elder daughter got drafted into the school orchestra.
- Enjoying first day at nursery for by 4 years old boy.
- Running in 2 marathon (21km and 10 km respectively) in 2 countries. Putrajaya, Malaysia and Antalya, Turkey.
Some of the unforgettable event happened last year:
- Loss few colleague due to VSS happened in office.
- Car accident ... no one injured just the car ... thank God for that.
- Daughter been affected by Dengue fever ... thank God again .. she recovered.
- Son put some unidentified object in his nose ... have to pay visits to clinics ... 3 TIMES ...
Places that I went:
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Antalya, Turkey
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Dubai, UAE
And the most important event of the year ... Writing up in this blog ...
Well looking at what been achieved .. I'm pretty satisfy with what happened last year and the 2011 resolution would be ... to make it better. Nothing specific yet on what to achieve as I would rather enjoy the process than getting straight to the end result. The learning comes from the process and not the end result ... well that's is what I feel right now ...
That is what I can share with you on my experience in 2010 and sharing some idea on what I going to do in 2011. Enjoy the reading ...